When a baby is born so is a mother. Birth is the most important part of a woman’s life story, it is intimate and sacred. She will remember and share this story for years to come. As your doula I honor you and your birth experience. I provide you physical (non-medical), emotional, and informational support. I offer valuable breathing, massage, relaxation and positioning techniques to optimize you and your baby’s comfort. I guide your birth companion, providing him a break when needed and the tools to be the most supportive partner possible. I believe birth is sacred and will create a space of calm and comfort leaving you feeling nurtured and cared for.
Every woman deserves a Doula.
Clinical Studies show that when a Doula is present at birth:
- More likely to have spontaneous vaginal births
- Less likely to have pain medication, epidurals
- Less likely to have negative feelings about childbirth
- Less likely to have vacuum, forceps-assisted births and C-sections
- Labors are shorter by 40 minutes
- Babies are less likely to have low Apgar scores at birth
“Having Lisa as our Doula was a Godsend. Without her abundant knowledge, gentle approach, and loving support throughout the pregnancy and during Emma’s birth I honestly do not think I would have had the confidence to be successful. We are extremely thankful for her love and support literally from the start of the pregnancy to the beautiful birth of our baby girl.” Leo and Emily, Alpharetta, GA
I will help you find your way through all of the conflicting information and help you make your own decisions throughout your pregnancy. My primary goal is to guide you through the birth that you desire. I feel passionate that no matter what happens in birth my role is to help you make educated decisions as needed. Whether a vaginal or cesarean birth I want you to feel that you made the best decisions for you and your baby.
Standard Services Include:
- Initial consultation to ensure we are a good match.
- 2 prenatal visits to discuss your birth preferences and guide you through the birth plan.
- Labor support at your birthing site. I am there with you throughout your entire labor once you call me in.
- Breastfeeding support for baby’s first feeding.
- Postpartum follow-up to address any questions or concerns you may be having.
- Unlimited phone calls, emails and texts at any hour day or night.
- Aromatherapy, massage and other comfort measures during labor.
- Travel expenses if more than 25 miles away from 30040 zip code $100.00
- Additional prenatal visits
- Additional postpartum visits